I had not expected Marcel Kittel to win yesterday. But as always: Peter Sagan was up there, collecting points for the green jersey. Today the riders will get a taset of what is a head. This stage is a kind of warm up before the mountains. This stage will be too hard for the typical sprinters. But Peter Sagan can be there again, and we Norwegians may hope for Edvald Boasson Hagen.
The riders will now cross Massif Centrlal, with finish in the ski resort Le Lioran. er Massif Cetral, finishing in the ski resort Le Liorian. Here it is difficult to find interesting wine. When I say it is difficult, I mean exactly that: It is difficult, but it does not mean that it does not exist. But then you have to go there and search for wine, or you may find some interesting wine in a restaurant. I have often discovered good and interesting wines from not well known regions included in wine menus at goot restaurants. But so far, I have not found any wines from the area around today’s stage.
I have also not succeded in finding interesting beer.
Instead, I include som of what is often produced in French mountain areas: Cheese. The chese Cantal is among France’s oldest cheeses. It is said to have been produced since the time av the gauls. It is a semi hard chieese, made from cow milk, and shaped as a cylinder. The cheese resembles Cheddar. In the area where it is produced, they say that it was here the British learned how to produce the cheese that became Cheddar. Correct or not, I do not know.
Some other cheeses from these region worth mentioning, are Saint-Nectaire and Bleue d’Auvergne.
Tour de France 2016
- Stage 1: Mont-Saint-Michel / Utah Beach Sainte-Marie-du-Mont
- Stage 2: Saint-Lô -- Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
- Stage 3: Granville -- Angers
- Stage 4: Saumur -- Limoges
- Stage 5: Limoges -- Le Lioran
- Stage 6: Arpajon-sur-Cère -- Montauban
- Stage 7: l’Isle-Jourdain — Lac de Payolle
- Stage 8: Pau — Bagnères-de-Luchon
- Stage 9: Vielha Val d’Aran — Andorre Arcalis
- Stage 10: Escaldes-Engordany — Revel
- Stage 11: Carcassonne — Montpellier
- Stage 12: Montpellier -- Mont Ventoux
- Stage 13: Bourg-Saint-Andéol — La Caverne du Pont-d’Arc
- Stage 14: Montélimar — Villars-les-Dombes Parc des Oiseaux
- Stage 15: Bourg-en-Bresse — Culoz
- Stage 16: Moirans-en-Montagne — Berne
- Stage 17: Berne — Finhaut-Emosson
- Stage 18: Sallanches — Megève
- Stage 19: Albertville — Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc
- Stage 20: Megève — Morzine-Avoriaz
- Stage 21: Chantilly — Paris Champs-Élysées
Tour de France